Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Run

I used to be in love with the sky
So much so that it didn't matter that I couldn't reach it
And when I did, I felt joy

I used to be in love with the ground
So much so that I never left its side
And when I did, I felt fear

I used to be in love with the wind
So much so that I stayed up until morning listening to its song
And when it didn't sing, I felt anger

I used to be in love with the air
So much so that I gobbled it up
I made it into something different
Something that could kill me
Something that suffocated me
So I ran

But I couldn't stop loving the air
So I continued to breathe
And I continued to run
From the poison I made from it

If it ever catches up to me
I fear it will smother me

I used to love you
So much so that I loved you like the sky, ground, air, and wind before you
I made you into something different
And now I run

For I will never be able to stop

No comments:

Post a Comment