Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Deposition Of The Life In Question, Insofar As I Am Introspective, And You Are Listening (You Being Me, And Subsequently, Both The Audience And Subject)

I am something of a killer
I have killed
I will kill again
Thus, my initial remark

There may have been a time when I was not a killer, but certainly, it was not an era of any duration
Likely, I was born fated to bring death to some number of things
I can't, with any conviction, even estimate the number
It is arbitrary anyway

From everything I know, you are something of a killer
You have killed
You will kill again
And it would be quite the double standard to ignore the implications these facts have

Of the things I am not sure of, I am the most sure of death
It is, at the very least, a word I have used thousands of times
It is, at the most, the very purpose of my life
You can forgive me for not elaborating, surely

You have forgiven me before
Once for a very figurative instance of my killing
Often (unconsciously) for literal instances of killing
You are not in a position to grant judicial decisions, and I do not take your pardons as such
However, I do not fear that the courts will feel differently

As overwhelming as the forgiveness for my actions has been, it has not been so overwhelming that it could be described as "unanimous"
Should it be described as such, I would feel accordingly fortunate (and innocent)
I do not expect it to be described as unanimous

There is one girl that I know of that has not forgiven me
I would be beyond remiss to allow myself the belief that she is the only one
Furthermore, she is not without evidence, nor empathy from myself
It could be said that I understand her grudge
It could also be said that I do not mimic it

My willingness to say these things (and many more similar things) is not without effect
It is a trait that served me well, even with this aforementioned girl
It was my willingness to abstain from saying a single phrase that has put me in this situation
Or so I believe

I speak for another, for forgiveness, and for death
I admit, this is bad form
I admit, I will likely continue
Surely, There Are Worse Things To Perpetuate



No comments:

Post a Comment