Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

In Which I Flatter Myself Via Cosmic Hyperbole

how am i to see the night sky without a thought of you
for I love you as the moon loves the sea
whenever you are away, I can only think to yearn and pull for you
and to move your tide but five inches nearer is all the vindication I could hope to have
vindication I not only hope for, but need
for I can never be closer to you
the space I pull you to is the distance I can stand
were you any closer, I would tear you apart and spread you across the world without ever meaning to 
were you any closer, I would crash into your world with a fiery trail
were you any closer, we would both be broken
and this is all we know, brutal as it is
from the first day our eyes met, it has been tragically apparent that I am but an alien to you
nothing but an interest, a toy, a quirk, a confession
I am that which you crave in the night, when I am clear and present
you are that which I can only see in my own light, for at those hours, I am all the light there is
there was a time where I truly wanted to believe that you sought my light
but I see now I am only the best available, sometimes

I am no better than you
the light I radiate is not even mine
it is light that belongs to a larger, stronger, better man
a true star
certainly, you have noticed that it is not at all in my nature to create light
you speak of another side of me
a side whose existence you are beyond assured of, despite any popular evidence
a side that you fear, for its ambiguity, darkness, and secrecy
presently, I wonder which side truly belongs to me
for the first time, I realize you are not the one that knows the answer

No comments:

Post a Comment