Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Musing 1

Part in a disjointed series

I don’t smoke cigarettes but I live in smoke
I know what I want and I know what I need but I have no idea what I already have besides sentences and decent-at-worst looks
Quick, think of two words that make you look quirky and witty and hope to trick someone into dedicating a year to discovering that they actually hate you
If only to practice marriage, because our mouths are not calibrated to say “forever” and mean it yet, and our lives only go by in two year intervals,
That’s in-sane
Insane is still a word meant in jest or hyperbole and whoever among us youths has thought to imagine it as a real possibility, as anything otherwise, is in a darker place than we’d like to collectively imagine
So let’s not imagine anything and be scared of everything
And at least then our fear of snakes will be rationalized by the reality that this whole world is scary and isolating one thing about it doesn’t change that one fucking bit
And, they move funny
Half of the time the world is dark and half of the time the world is bright and all of the time it’s true that metaphors forged with undeniable truths of our environment aren’t necessarily more applicable for simply that fact but sometimes teens still ry to make each other fall in love by pretending that they are
And who are we to deny that magic
Because I clearly understand the way the earth’s orbit works and I understand a lot of other, more complicated things, but I don’t know how to start explaining love to a cynic
I am a cynic
I can’t explain it to myself either
And that logic makes perfect sense

But love doesn’t

No comments:

Post a Comment